Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 To Do List

Two things.

There are really only two things on my to-do list for this new year, but they encompass a lot.

1) Do more, see more, be more.

This includes traveling. I will be going to Japan this summer. I also have some camping in Wisconsin's popular Door County as well as a getaway trip planned for the Upper Peninsula.

I want to get more fit, and by this, I mean toning up my body. Riding my bike more. Jogging more. Back to lifting weights. Participate in more run-a-thons and obstacle courses. Maybe, just maybe, do Tough Mudder.

I want to continue furthering my education. Progress through with my MBA degree and maybe reach the halfway point by the end of the year.

So yes, all in all, do more, see more, be more!

I have one wish though in regards to this goal of mine. And it is a wish for my friends and family to share in this mentality. I feel like my husband and I are always wanting to experience things, whether it be concerts, camping, skydiving, vacations, etc. But most of the time, we end up doing those things together, just us...because everyone else always says "no" for a host of reasons.

I love it that my husband is as adventurous and willing to embrace new experiences as I am, but sometimes it would be nice to share in those memories with lots of others too. The way I see it, whether I really like something or not, I just want to EXPERIENCE it...at least ONCE in this lifetime.

Do you know what I mean?

Just say YES to doing more, YES to new experiences. I want to pull others into being excited about experiencing life too.

2) Separate work from home better.

This has to do with my family, particularly my three girls. I'm a work-a-holic. I admit it... I'm a big work-a-holic. And since I work from home too, it is very hard for me to separate my work life from my home life. Work can consume my time during the day just as much as it does in the evenings and at night. I need to stop working once the kids are home from school. I have to tell myself that more.

Stop. Put away work.

And be firm. Have set hours for work and be strict about sticking to it. My girls deserve it.

So there you have it. The two things on my to-do list. Cheers to that!!!

What's on your list?

No comments: