Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

That good, ol' "back to school" feeling...

I miss it! I've been out of the physical classroom as a teacher for two years and I miss the feeling of back to school.

The excitement and anticipation of students coming back.

The burst of new ideas for lessons and activities.

The arranging and re-arranging of desks, tables, and chairs, and trying to make the most of classroom space.

The creation of bulletin boards.

Getting school supplies and books stored and ready for use.

Writing beginning-of-the-school-year letters to parents and students.

Seeing colleagues, catching up on what's new, and exchanging ideas.

There is just something about this time of year that I've always enjoyed as a teacher. It feels like the start of something new and great. Such an optimistic time of year full of energy, excitement, and sense of renewal.

Good luck to all of you who are going back to school--teachers, students, young and old!

5 comments:

Sweet Lily said...

Awesome! Nice post!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I am SO not looking forward to going back to school. :D

I wish I had your enthusiasm, that would be helpful. I think.

MyBeautifulMalcontent said...

Skeiron, I take it it's back-to-school season for you? Well, I wish you lots of good luck! Are you in college?

Anonymous said...

Yep... I have one more week of the summer vacation and then it's back to school. Between you and me, I'm not in college. I still have one more year in high school. So shh! :P

Thanks for the good luck wish! :)

MyBeautifulMalcontent said...

Well, in that case, it's understandable that you're not so excited. A case of senior-itis. Happens to everyone. :)