Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Light and Dark


The light shines the way, but the darkness reveals stars.

I have been very fortunate in life. I have everything I could want: a great husband, healthy children, a good career, a home, the opportunities to travel, and the chance to keep on learning to my heart's content.

I'm happy.

But I know that things can change at any moment. They have in the past, and they've taught me invaluable lessons.

You see, those are the gems cloaked in misery--the lessons and tidbits of wisdom you learn about yourself, about others, and about the world.

It's hard to see them in your moment of hardship, but carry on and you'll realize that there are gems shimmering like stars underneath all that misery.

Yes, I've been very fortunate. I'm happy.

But I know that while the light shines the way, it is the darkness that will reveal stars.

2 comments:

derp said...

If there is no struggle, there is no progress.--Frederick Douglass

MyBeautifulMalcontent said...

Very true. But sometimes when I realize just how good I have it, there's a part of me that starts to get paranoid. You know, the thinking of "this is too good to be true.. how long can this last?" lol

Anyway, hello friend. :)