Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

Speculations

Sometimes I wonder how the intricacies of life work. The world we live in, the people we meet, the paths we take, the choices that lead us to where we are.

"If I never did this, would this have happened?"

"If I didn't go here at that precise moment, would I have met that person?"

"If I had said this instead of that, would things be any different?"

Perpetual questions that we ask ourselves, and sometimes we find flickers of answers here and there. But most often, they are not truths. Nothing is true for long.

And yet they are questions that never fail to vanish either. They only settle quietly into the dark crevices of our mind and linger there for another melancholy day when our thoughts are full to the brim with the what-ifs of life.

Mysteries.

Speculations.



This tells me I'm human, I suppose.

2 comments:

derp said...

life is sort of funny that way in its absurdity. i am reminded of this thought at the moment:

"Don't worry about the future. Or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind, the kind that blindside you at 4 pm on some idle Tuesday."

MyBeautifulMalcontent said...

Thank you, derp, for the quote.

You are right. The kinds of questions that plague us are often not effective. It would be nice to have a switch to turn them off. lol