Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Strawberry Season


Hmm... I wrote this blog post awhile ago but forgot to post it up! Well, anyway, it is strawberry season here in Wisconsin, and I am full of strawberries galore! I have a small patch in my backyard (pic above) and then my parents have a large patch (pic below is of strawberries from their garden).


With the strawberries, I have been making smoothies, sundaes, shortcake, fruit pizza, and cake. Today I went to pick more from my parents' garden and am making jam with them.

So delicious, but I'm running out of ideas for what to do with them. Any suggestions?


4 comments:

derp said...

can you take a picture of your strawberry garden?

MyBeautifulMalcontent said...

The whole garden? It's just a very small patch.. but if I remember to, I'll try to take a pic. Strawberry season just ended. My parents have different strawberries that grow all summer long though, so we'll be getting strawberries from them again soon.

derp said...

i tried growing a tomato plant before and failed miserably, though i have to say that one year i grew watermelons and it turned out quite well. maybe when i have more time i'll commit to growing some veggies.

MyBeautifulMalcontent said...

My tomato plant was budding a couple weeks ago and now I can see green tomatoes on the plant. So excited as I failed at tomato growing a few summers back. I've never tried growing watermelon. Maybe next summer.